Tweet about Camp using #iCampMO
Location: Kauffman Conference Center, Kansas City, MO
Wednesday, October 12th: Islandora Software and Community
Location: Kauffman Conference CenterTime Session + Details Speaker 8:30 – 9:00 Registration and Breakfast 9:00 – 9:30
- What is Islandora?
- Instructor introductions
- Islandora Foundation
- Islandora Camp orientation
- Round-the-room introductions: experience with Islandora and your role in managing/using Islandora.
- Discussion of what attendees want to learn at the Camp.
What's in Your Islandora: Solution Packs, Utilities, and More
- What are Solution Packs and how they can help you
- An overview of Solution Packs in the current Islandora release
Spotlight on Islandora Sites
View demos from current in-production Islandora sites.
iCamp Instructors & other presenters12:00 - 1:30
Lunch - in house
1:30 - 3:00
- Where things stand with Islandora, Drupal 8, and Fedora 4
Jared Whiklo (University of Manitoba) & Melissa Anez (Islandora Foundation)3:00 - 3:30
3:30 - 4:00
- An overview of the Islandora community, what you can get out of it, and how you can join in
- Interest groups, Release Teams, listservs, Community Sprints, and more
Melissa Anez (Islandora Foundation)
4:00 - 4:30
- A tour of modules developed by the Islandora Community that are not in the official release. Discover hidden gems.
Islandora Install Fest (optional prep for Day #2)
- Includes discussion of production installation issues and troubleshooting. One way or another, we will get you on your own Islandora site for the workshops.
- Three options for a camp VM:
- Vagrant build
- VM on the USB stick
- Online sandbox
Thursday, October 13th: Workshop Tracks for Repository Administrators and Islandora Developers
This is a full day of workshops/tutorials where you can get your hands on Islandora and gain some practical experience, either via the user interface (admins) or by digging into the underlying code (devs). The Dev track tends to be fairly loose and will be tailored to what the audience wants to do, so the schedule below is just a rough outline. Admins, your track is a lot more structured and will cover all of these topics plus whatever individual requests we have time for.Time
Location: Kauffman Conference Center
Location: Morning in Kauffman Conference Center
Afternooon in UMKC’s Student Success Center8:30-9:00 Breakfast 9:00-10:30 Intro to Drupal and Islandora Introductions and Content models 10:30-11:00 Break Solution packs 11:00-12:00 Islandora Configuration Tuque 12:00-1:30 Lunch - On your own (Try the Country Plaza!) 1:30-3:00 Forms and Security (XML Form Builder) Solr 3:00-3:30 Break Break 3:30-5:00 Solr for Admins Questions/discussion
6:30 - 8:30: Camp Social - Char Bar http://charbarkc.com
Friday, october 14th: Deeper Dives
Location: Kauffman Conference CenterTime Session +Details Speaker 8:30-9:00 Breakfast 9:00 – 9:30
- We open at the close because we know some of you will be catching planes in the afternoon.
iCamp Instructors9:30 - 10:00
Getting Off the Islandora Island: Drupal-izing Digital RepositoriesLuke Bainbridge (Digital Echidna) 10:00 – 10:30
Phil Redmon (University of Missouri)10:30 – 11:00 Break
11:00 - 11:30
Islandora at Marmot (associated links)Jordan Fields & Mark Noble (Marmot.org) 11:30 – 12:00 Fiddling with Islandora: Bowing Down Home Rosie LeFaive (UPEI) 12:00 – 1:30 Lunch
1:30 - 2:00
Jared Whiklo (University of Manitoba)2:00 - 2:30
Capturing Voices: The Islandora Oral Histories Solution PackNat Kanthan (University of Toronto Scarborough) 2:30 - 3:00 Island to Island: Islandora Migrations at UPEI Rosie LeFaive (UPEI) 3:00 - 3:30 Break 3:30 – 5:00
- It's a room full of Islandora people. Ask anything and we will try to answer/demo/solve
5:00 - ?
- You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here. So let's go out for dinner or drinks with anyone who wants to keep chatting.